Developing new basic ideas and investing in technological development is at the base of any sector.
© ESA – A. Kuipers
Technology development should aim at early demonstration and validation in orbit to allow early adoption of innovative ideas. The Democratisation of the access to Space is a crucial enabler and Portugal should strengthen initiatives started at a national level with international partnerships.
With is in mind the Portuguese Space sector should :
- Invest in developing and testing of fundamental ideas and early in-orbit validation and demonstration to quicker times to market;
- Engage in international partnerships to guarantee the success of the spaceport initiative;
- Support Space Democratisation through the development of a micro launcher with a Portuguese contribution in both space and ground segments;
- Support the development of Space Rider, and foremost its exploitation, given the contribution it will bring to the use of space for microgravity research and product development;
- Contribute to the increased competitiveness of the existing family of launchers in an industry-driven approach rather than governmentally driven;