ESA want you: Apply for 2019 YGT
ESA is opening its doors for young graduates, including Portuguese students. It offers a one-year contract, a salary of around 2.300€ and, who knows, the possibility to get to the moon.
With the support of Portugal, as a Member State, the European Space Agency will give to 100 young graduates the opportunity to discover how fascinating the universe can be and how space can help to solve some of the most urgent problems of our Home Planet. To be part of ESA is to be part of the exploration of the universe, is to work on the conception, design and procurement of satellites and other space vehicles, including robots, or to work on emerging space technologies to find solutions to solve complex societal problems. But it also means that you could be part of the team that prepares the launch and operations of ESA’s science missions or the team that is developing system engineering for lunar exploration.
In addition to being an exciting year of discovery, an ESA internship can be the launching pad for a career within Portugal’s and Europe’s aerospace sector, renowned research institutes, in international organisations or, of course, ESA.
The Agency is looking for Young Graduates in engineering, science, IT, natural/social science, business development and analysis. Opportunities are open until 15 December 2019.
Here is what you have to do.
Access the YGT opportunities:
- Explore our Young Graduate Trainee opportunities here
- Select the one that best matches your interests and profile
- Register and create your candidate profile with your CV and motivation letter
- Once you have applied, you will be able to track the status of your application
To apply, you must be:
- a student in the final year of a Master’s degree at a university or equivalent institute, or have just graduated. Candidates are required to have completed their Master’s degree by the time they start work at ESA
- a citizen of one of the following ESA Member States: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United Kingdom. Nationals from Slovenia, as an Associate Member, or Canada as a Cooperating State, can apply as well as those from Bulgaria, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovakia as European Cooperating States.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer engaged in embracing diversity and promoting an inclusive work environment. If you need assistance with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What ESA is offering you
- Valuable experience that could open doors to a career within Europe’s space sector, renowned research institutes or, of course, ESA.
- An international and multicultural environment
- A one year contract
- Approximately €2300 per month exempt from national income tax in ESA Member States and excellent employment conditions. The exact salary will depend on the location of the ESA Establishment.
- Travel expenses at the beginning and end of the contract (including travel expenses for spouse and children if they reside with the trainee during the contract)
- 2.5 days paid leave per month
- Comprehensive health cover under ESA’s social security scheme
Learn more about the YGT programme and the selection process here.